Seoul Metaverse Week 2022 — co-organize by Cryptomeria Capital [recap]
Seoul Metaverse Week 2022 is over!
More than 40 speakers, numerous panel sessions, and countless insightful conversations. Partners include IBM, Nvidia, Samsung, Nokia, Sandbox, RTFKT, Somnium Space, ConsenSys, Hashed, among others.
If you weren’t there in person, we are bringing you the key takeaways:
1.We cannot uncouple the discussion about mass adoption from a discussion of cultural mindsets. A lot of blockchain services are based on the idea of collecting, exchanging, and trading assets — and for many, that’s not a top-of-mind endeavor, or even hobby. Mass adoption would require a tremendous shift in collective thinking and preferences when it comes to experiencing the world.
2.Mass adoption in the true sense of the word would be around the corner only when sending a token or NFT to a friend is as easy as sending a photo as an attachment in a messenger. As long as the majority of Web3/metaverse-related tasks are tech-heavy, they will only be interesting and engaging to a very small group of enthusiasts.
We are proud to have made our contribution as co-organizers, and want to thank everyone who contributed to making the conference a success. And a special thank goes to our incredible speakers, including but not limited to
- Michael Wuehler — Co-Founder of Infura, ConsenSys
- Shyam Nagarajan — Executive Partner of Web3.0 and Sustainability, IBM Consulting
- Richard G. Kerris — Vice President of Omniverse Development Platform, NVIDIA
- Joo Myung (Sean) Youn — Senior Professional of Korea HQ, SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
- Leslie Shannon — Head of Ecosystem and Trend Scouting, Nokia
- 김태원 — 3D&I Head, Adobe Korea
- Yohan Lee — Global Operations Manager, The Sandbox
- Philipp A. Sostmann — Manager, PwC Germany
- Sergei Medvedev — Venture Partner, Cryptomeria Capital
- Artur Sychov — Founder & CEO, Somnium Space
- Jinha Lee — Co-Founder & CPO, Spatial
- Kyoja Hwang Team Leader of Blockchain Planning Team, LG U+
- Kyungjoo(KJ) Ha — BD, BNB Chain
Photo credits to www.tokenpost.kr
Cryptomeria Capital is a crypto fund backed by blockchain industry experts. The focus is exclusively on ventures, tokens, and projects related to blockchain technology and crypto assets. The firm also has a corporate partnership with Axon Partners Group, an international consulting and investment firm that has backed over 50 companies and trades on the BME Growth Market under the ticker “APG”.
Follow Cryptomeria Capital on: